Date(s) - 01/17/2020
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Purdue Extension is offering 7-hour produce food safety training sessions at locations throughout Indiana to aid produce farms and growers in learning the basics of food safety, and to assist in establishing food safety programs for their operations. This training meets the training requirements of the FSMA Produce Safety Rule and follows the Produce Safety Alliance (PSA) curriculum.
Attendees will learn about produce safety best practices and key parts of the FSMA Produce Safety Rule. The trainers will spend time covering the following food safety topics:
- Introduction to Produce Safety
- Worker Health, Hygiene, and Training
- Soil Amendments
- Wildlife, Domesticated Animals, and Land Use
- Agricultural Water (Part I: Production Water; Part II: Postharvest Water)
- Postharvest Handling and Sanitation
- How to Develop a Farm Food Safety Plan
The cost for growers to attend is $100. Lunch will be provided at the training. You may register online at safeproducein.com.
11402 South County Line Road, Wanatah, IN 46390
Google Map of Location
Register Here: https://ag.purdue.edu/extension/safeproduce/Pages/training.aspx