Income Share Agreements

For students who need additional funding, there is now an alternative to Federal Parent PLUS and Private Student Loans. The Purdue Research Foundation is now offering an Income Share Agreement (ISA) called Back a Boiler – ISA Fund.

Back a Boiler – ISA Fund is available to Purdue’s Sophomore, Junior and Senior level students. The funding is limited.  As the concept of an ISA is new, we have a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) that will help you learn more about it.

In short, an ISA is an agreement where you receive funding while you are in school.  When you leave school, you will pay a fixed percentage of your income for a fixed number of years.  For some students, this will make sense and for others, the alternatives may be better.

You can also access a comparison tool that will allow you to enter your information and learn what the terms of your agreement would be.  It will also allow you to see how that funding would compare to a Federal Parent PLUS Loan and a Private Student Loan.  We strongly urge you to learn about the program and make comparisons to determine if this is a better option for you.

Interested students may apply here

Questions can be sent to or you can call the Division of Financial Aid at 765-494-5050, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.

Purdue University Division of Financial Aid, Schleman Hall, Room 305, 475 Stadium Mall Drive, West Lafayette, IN 47907-2050, (765) 494-5050

© 2015 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints | Maintained by Division of Financial Aid

Trouble with this page? Disability-related accessibility issue? Please contact Division of Financial Aid at

Adobe Reader Microsoft Office Viewers