Transfer to Purdue West Lafayette

We're thrilled you're considering transferring to our campus and want to make the process as easy as possible. To transfer financial aid eligibility to Purdue University West Lafayette:

Forward your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA):

Information can be forwarded to Purdue University by going online at You'll need Purdue's school code (001825) to send aid over. We will determine eligibility for need-based aid using the FAFSA. Keep in mind that we may request documents to verify FAFSA data, but please only send verification documents if they are requested.

If you have received a Health Professions Student Loan Program (HPSL) loan:

Have a financial aid transcript sent to Purdue University from each institution where you received an HPSL loan. To do this, you just need to contact the financial aid office at each institution and request one be sent to Purdue.

If you have an award from the Indiana Commission for Higher Education (CHE):

Contact them directly to change your school choice; this can be done online on your ScholarTrack account.

If you have a scholarship awarded to you from a private award donor (something other than the college/university you're currently attending):

Contact the donor to determine if the award can be used at Purdue University, then notify your donor that you will be attending Purdue University so they can forward any awards to the Bursar's Office, 1060 Hovde Hall, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907-1060.

If you received the first disbursement of a Federal Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Educational Loan at your previous institution:

Contact your previous institution and make sure they cancel the second disbursement and notify your lender. You can reapply for your remaining loan eligibility at Purdue University, and we can help you make sure it was canceled if you're unsure.

If you want to transfer from a different Purdue campus to the West Lafayette campus on a temporary basis:

Consult with the Office of Admissions in regard to being admitted to a degree program at the West Lafayette campus. If this is not possible, consult with a financial aid counselor.

Purdue University Division of Financial Aid, Schleman Hall, Room 305, 475 Stadium Mall Drive, West Lafayette, IN 47907-2050, (765) 494-5050

© 2015 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints | Maintained by Division of Financial Aid

Trouble with this page? Disability-related accessibility issue? Please contact Division of Financial Aid at

Adobe Reader Microsoft Office Viewers