Transfer from Purdue West Lafayette

Thinking of transferring from our West Lafayette campus? To transfer financial aid eligibility to another university:

Forward your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA):

Information can be forwarded to your new institution by going online at and adding its school's code.

If you have received a Health Professions Student Loan Program (HPSL) loan:

Have a financial aid transcript sent to your new university from each institution where you received an HPSL loan. You can do this at Purdue by contacting the financial aid office and making the request.

If you have an award from the Indiana Commission for Higher Education (CHE):

Contact them directly to change your school choice; this can be done online on your eStudent account.

If you have a scholarship awarded to you from a private award donor (something other than from Purdue):

Contact the donor to determine if the award can be used at your new university, and notify them that you will be attending the new school so they can forward any awards.

If you received the first disbursement of a Federal Stafford Loan at your previous institution:

Contact our office and request that we cancel the second disbursement of your loan and notify your lender. You'll have to reapply for remaining loan eligibility at your new institution.

If you want to transfer from the West Lafayette campus to a regional campus on a temporary basis:

Consult with the regional campus admissions office regarding admittance to a degree program. If this is not possible, consult with a financial aid counselor. Learn more.

Purdue University Division of Financial Aid, Schleman Hall, Room 305, 475 Stadium Mall Drive, West Lafayette, IN 47907-2050, (765) 494-5050

© 2015 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints | Maintained by Division of Financial Aid

Trouble with this page? Disability-related accessibility issue? Please contact Division of Financial Aid at

Adobe Reader Microsoft Office Viewers