Graduate Students

As a graduate student — or a prospective one — you're probably wondering how you can apply for aid and what you're even eligible for anymore. Luckily, the process of applying for federal aid is pretty much the same as for your undergrad: file your FAFSA, review your award notice, and accept or reject aid.

At Purdue, research assistantships, teaching assistantships, fellowships, and scholarships are offered through the individual academic departments, with more information being available through the Graduate School. All fee remissions and stipends are considered as part of your financial aid award offer and offset your Cost of Attendance.

Once you complete the FAFSA, you'll be eligible for federal loans, including the Graduate PLUS Loan, and may also need to consider private loans. Check out these loan options.

If you receive a fee remission, stipend, or funding from a source other than Purdue, be sure to report it on your myPurdue account. 

If you're in a Krannert program, you may have some different costs of processes than regular graduate students. Learn more.

Purdue University Division of Financial Aid, Schleman Hall, Room 305, 475 Stadium Mall Drive, West Lafayette, IN 47907-2050, (765) 494-5050

© 2015 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints | Maintained by Division of Financial Aid

Trouble with this page? Disability-related accessibility issue? Please contact Division of Financial Aid at

Adobe Reader Microsoft Office Viewers