Jump to other news and events
Purdue signature

A-Z Index            


Prior Degree

A student who has earned a bachelor’s degree and returns to school as an undergraduate is ineligible for grants and scholarships but can be considered for Federal Stafford Loans.

Eligibility for Pell grants and Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity grants (FSEOG) is almost exclusively restricted to students who have not received a bachelor’s degree or completed the requirements for one. Degrees from unaccredited and foreign schools can also count as bachelor’s degrees in some cases. If you have obtained a bachelor’s degree and are returning to school as an undergraduate student, you would only be eligible for federal Stafford loans.