Pre-Doctoral Practicum Training at CAPS
Pre-Doctoral Practicum Training
Our practicum training program provides an academic year of supervised training for masters and doctoral level students. CAPS accepts three practicum trainees per year. Practicum trainees have the opportunity to develop their therapeutic skills in individual therapy and may have an opportunity to co-facilitate or process observe a group. Practicum trainees may also have the opportunity to provide outreach programming to the university student community.
Eligibility and Qualifications
Candidates for the CAPS Practicum must be actively pursuing one of the following degrees in an accredited academic program:
- Degree of Ph.D./Psy.D. in Counseling or Clinical Psychology
- Degree of M.A. in Counseling or Clinical Psychology
Interested candidates should submit:
- Completed application form (Practicum Placement Application).
- Current curriculum vitae.
- Certification of Eligibility for practicum from Graduate Training Director/Coordinator (Pages 4-5 of the Practicum Placement Application).
The documents above are fillable forms and are also downloadable in .pdf format.
If you do not have Acrobat Reader for .pdf files, you can download Acrobat Reader for free.
Application forms should be submitted during the Spring semester. Once an application is received, the applicant will be contacted to schedule a SKYPE interview with the CAPS Staff. Interviews typically take one hour. An interview is required for placement in the CAPS Practica.
Send Application Materials by March 11, 2016 to:
Colleen Maguire Jackson, Ph.D., HSPP
Assistant Director and Training Coordinator
Counseling And Psychological Services
703 Third Street, Rm 1120
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2081
(765) 494-6995 Fax: (765) 496-3004