Psychiatric Services at CAPS
- Three board certified psychiatrists
- Provides medication evaluation and management
Medication is one option to address mental health issues. Medication is often most effective when combined with therapy services.
- Through the course of treatment with a CAPS therapists
- Directly from the Triage Assessment Process
- Through PUSH physicians
Specific requirements for the medication management of ADHD
- Please follow this link for information about the Medication Management of ADHD
There is no charge for your initial psychiatric consultation during each semester.
Fee waivers are available for students in high financial need.
Referrals to CAPS psychiatry from treatment providers outside of CAPS are coordinated by the psychiatry team RN during the academic year and by other support staff during the summer term. It is necessary for the referring provider to complete a CAPS HIPAA-Compliant Authorization Form as well as a Psychiatric Referral Form, as well as forward all chart notes and other relevant documentation, before an intake appointment is scheduled. Please call CAPS at 765-494-6995 to initiate this process.