GRADUATE STUDENT TRAVEL AWARD
Funding Opportunity Number
Funding Opportunity Title
GRADUATE STUDENT TRAVEL AWARD
|Announcement||November 1, 2020|
|Due||January 13, 2021|
John Fry (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Funding Opportunity Description
The Executive Committee of the Purdue Center for Cancer Research (PCCR) would like to allocate funds to support a Graduate Student Travel Award for Cancer-Related Research. The goal of this award is to provide opportunities for a student interested presenting their research at major professional conferences. The successful proposal will be funded for $1,000.
To apply, please submit your electronic application by 5 pm on the cycle due date. No exceptions. The electronic submission system will not allow applications beyond the deadline. Once here, you can enter your Purdue credentials. If somehow the password entry does not allow access, please click on "more choices." Click "use a different account" and enter "onepurdue\" in front of the user name and re-type your password. If there are further login problems, please email the administrative contact listed above.
Only student applicants of faculty at full member status of the Purdue University Center for Cancer Research are allowed to apply. Only one application per faculty research group is allowed — no exceptions. Students in good standing (minimum GPA = 3.4 or higher) working for their Ph.D. degree may apply. Students must have passed the oral prelims and/or be admitted to Ph.D. candidacy before January 13, 2020.
This announcement does not require cost sharing.
Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards
There will be two awards for this cycle.
The award will not exceed $1,000. See restrictions.
Award Project Period
The award is intended for travel to a professional conference before December 1, 2020.
This award is only for students presenting at the professional conference.
Required publication acknowledgement
Posters and subsequent publications containing presented data should include the text, “The authors gratefully acknowledge the Graduate Student Travel Award and support from the Purdue University Center for Cancer Research, P30CA023168.” The awardee is required to include the PCCR logo on their presentations and may contact the administrative contact listed above for relevant images.
The applicant must provide prior to submission of the proposal their ORCID and join the PCCR LinkedIn group page to stay connected for reporting purposes during the electronic application process. For assistance use the administrative contact listed above.
No Cost Extension (NCE)
No cost extensions are not allowed. If the planned travel does not occur before December 1, 2020, the award will be terminated.
Responding to periodic requests of career impact is required. Triage of future applications may occur if reporting requests are ignored.
- Application Length: The application should be single-spaced and a maximum of one page in length (Arial, 11pt) with no less than 0.5-inch margins.
- Required Application Structure:
- Applicant name, faculty member name and conference name
- 300-400 word abstract of the project that will be presented at the professional conference. This abstract should clearly identify hypothesis to be tested and results (known or anticipated) and address significance.
- A separate paragraph in which the applicant addresses how this opportunity will enhance career training with an emphasis on relevance to cancer and relevance to future career goals and/or scientific goals.
- For the electronic submission, the items to upload should include:
- One page application
- Faculty advisor letter(s) of support. This letter should include a statement describing the cancer-related nature of the conference the trainee will attend and specifically address student ownership of the research to be presented.
- Cancer-relevance of the project
- Impact the award will have on the development of the trainee. This can include the productivity/accomplishments of the trainee.
- Selection committee could consist of senior/program leaders, PCCR members or other experts.
Announcement History And Updates
|Funding Opportunity Number||Summary of Change|
|PCCR-GTRAV-FY2021-01||Initiation of Announcement|