If this is an emergency
Importantly, the SBBCLE-SC is not meant to replace professional mental and emotional health services. We encourage you to get immediate help in a crisis:
- Call 911
- Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990 (press 2 for Spanish), or text TalkWithUs for English or Hablanos for Spanish to 66746. Spanish speakers from Puerto Rico can text Hablanos to 1-787-339-2663.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255) for English, 1-888-628-9454 for Spanish, or Lifeline Crisis Chat.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233 or text LOVEIS to 22522
- National Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-4AChild (1-800-422-4453) or text 1-800-422-4453
- National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE (4673) or Online Chat
- The Eldercare Locator: 1-800-677-1116 TTY Instructions
- Veteran’s Crisis Line: 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or Crisis Chat or text: 8388255
Resources at Purdue
- HR’s workplace resources made available August 2021. See here.
- HR provides information about Care.com. See here
Bill Bell, Vice President for Human Resources, provides an update on resources and information provided by the University for faculty and staff facing caregiving challenges. See here.
See Provost’s June 2020 web letter for some University resources available to help with the questions and feelings and possible actions to take. Resources are highlighted here.
See Provost’s August 2020 web letter for Supportive Resources Available for Faculty
- Employee Assistant Program – Counselling and Referral Services
Faculty Teaching and Evaluation ‘Provost Guidelines’ presented to the University Senate in April. Guidelines
- Faculty Teaching and Evaluation Guidelines used for Spring 2020
Bookmark the Teaching and Learning section of the Innovative Learning website for continuous updates on instruction and instructional resources for Fall 2020. A few items of particular interest are:
- Guiding Principles of the IMPACT X+ Portfolio (downloadable PDF) developed by the faculty advisors team for Purdue course design in response to COVID-19 and beyond.
- Fall 2020 Syllabus Letter and Template
- Fall 2020 Resources page offers details and links to documents about the residential learning guidance and expectations, guidance for undergraduate research, Protect Purdue classroom safety and management, and technology resources.
- LGTBQ Wellness Resources
- Procedures for Resolving Complaints of Discrimination and Harassment
- Protect Purdue Plan
- Protect Purdue Health Center
- Purdue Co-Rec Wellness
- Purdue University Asian American and Asian Resource and Cultural CenterTeach-In Resources to Help Address Anti-Asian Racism, Bias, and Violence( Particularly during the COVID-19 pandemic)
- Reporting Hate and Bias
- Safe Zone and Trans Inclusion Training
- SBBCLE-Fall 2020 Program
- Title IX
- Working Paper series Special Issues – Higher Education and COVID-19 to be out in fall 2020
- Workshop: How Can Professors Practice Resilience with Vulnerability in the Academic Context? See here for details and to register.
Resources Outside Purdue
Five-Minute Coronavirus Stress ResetsHow to get unstuck from your anxiety.By Jenny Taitz • Illustrations by Rozalina Burkova