Frequently Asked Questions
*Please note the Conference for Associate Professor will be all in-person sessions. We will not be offering a virtual registration option. VIRTUAL REGISTRATION IS ADDED EFFECTIVE 1/28/22
Who can attend the Conference for Associate Professors?
The following attendees can register and attend the conference:
- All tenure track/tenured/non-tenure track faculty at Purdue and other universities.
- Advanced graduate students and post-docs from Purdue and elsewhere.
- Tenured faculty (Although many sessions and the workshop at the conference are geared towards professional development of early career academics, tenured faculty will find them useful especially to understand the challenges of assistant professors).
- Women and men are are welcome to register and attend.
- How can those at Purdue get special pricing for the conference registration?
There is a special conference pricing (free) for Purdue faculty, postdocs, and graduate students. Please email email@example.com
with your name, title/rank, and department for the special pricing coupon code for registering online. You must send the email and request for the code before you register.
- Is the special pricing for registration available for faculty at Purdue’s regional campuses (other than the main campus)?
Special pricing is available for ALL Purdue faculty, postdocs, and graduate students at the main West Lafayette campus, regional campuses, and Purdue Global.
- What is the registration cost for faculty, postdocs, and graduate students who are not at Purdue?
The fee (to attend in-person) for non-Purdue faculty, postdocs, and graduate students is $100 (until February 14, 2022 then the fee increases to $125).
The fee to register for the virtual option is $25.00 (added 1/28/22).
The registration fee will be due at the time of registration via a credit card transaction. Please note that group registration is possible through the online registration. This is applicable for groups of faculty members and/or postdocs and/or students who prefer to pay for registration all together. It would entail the use of a single credit card payment for all the registrants.
- What does registration for the conference include?
The registration fee includes access to all sessions and all session materials on both conference days, boxed lunches on both days, the networking reception on the first day, and breakfast on the second day. Food will not be served.
I want to attend only the keynote. Should I register for the conference?
Yes, you must register even if you want to attend some parts of the conference such as the keynote, or if you are a panel speaker.
Will the sessions be recorded and available later?
The welcome and opening remarks, the keynote, and the panel sessions will be recorded and made available on our website.
- What about hotel availability for those from outside Purdue?
A few rooms have been blocked at the Union Club Hotel on Purdue’s campus. These rooms are available at a reduced rate if reserved on or before 5:00 p.m. on January 31, 2022. The Union hotel is attached to the Purdue Memorial Union (PMU). The conference sessions are in rooms within PMU.