Frequently Asked Questions
Who can attend the Conference for Assistant Professors?The following attendees can register and attend the conference:
- All tenure track/tenured/non-tenure track faculty at Purdue and other universities.
- Advanced graduate students and post-docs from Purdue and elsewhere.
- Tenured faculty (Although many sessions and the workshop at the conference are geared towards professional development of early career academics, tenured faculty will find them useful especially to understand the challenges of assistant professors).
- Women and men are are welcome to register and attend.
- How can Purdue faculty get special pricing for the conference registration?
The conference is free for all Purdue faculty members, postdocs, and graduate students but registration is required. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, title/rank, and department for the special pricing coupon code for registering online. You must send the email and request for the code before you register.
- Is the special pricing for registration available for faculty at Purdue’s regional campuses (other than the main campus)?
Special pricing is available for ALL Purdue faculty members, postdocs, and graduate students at the main West Lafayette campus, regional campuses, and Purdue Global.
- What is the registration cost for faculty, postdocs, and graduate students who are not at Purdue?
The fee for non-Purdue faculty, postdocs, and graduate students is $150 for in-person attendance and $75 for virtual attendance. The registration fee will be due at the time of registration via a credit card transaction.
- What does registration for the conference include?
The registration fee includes access to all sessions and all session materials on both conference days, boxed lunches on both days for those attending in-person, and the networking reception on September 15th. Those who register for the virtual option will also have access to all the sessions but registration will not include the meals or reception.
- I want to attend only the keynote and workshop. Should I register for the conference?
Yes, you must register even if you want to attend one or more parts of the conference such as the keynote, workshop, or if you are a panel speaker.
- Can I apply for the fellowship?
Faculty from outside Purdue, who plan to attend the conference in-person, can apply for the fellowship. The deadline for the fellowship application for the 2022 conference is 5pm Monday, August 1, 2022. The fellowship covers the registration fee and one night hotel charges.
- When will I receive the virtual access links to the conference sessions?
Registrants who opt for the virtual option will be emailed links for each part of the conference at least one week before the conference. Links will allow access to all sessions for both days of the conference. As noted in the registration terms and conditions, please do not share or distribute the links.
- Will the sessions be recorded and available later?
Only the welcome and opening remarks will be recorded and made available on our website.
- What about hotel availability for those from outside Purdue?
A few rooms have been blocked at the Union Club Hotel on Purdue’s campus. These rooms are available at a reduced rate if reserved before August 12, 2022. The Union hotel is attached to the Purdue Memorial Union (PMU). The conference sessions are in rooms within PMU.