Conference for Pre-Tenure Women
- Who can attend the Conference for Pre-Tenure Women?
All pre-tenure faculty and clinical faculty from Purdue and other universities can register and attend the conference. Advanced graduate students and post-docs from Purdue and elsewhere can also register and attend. Although many sessions and workshops at the conference are geared towards professional development of early career academics, post-tenure faculty are also welcome to register and attend. The emphasis is on women’s success, but men are welcome to attend.
- How can Purdue faculty get special pricing for the conference registration?
There is a special conference pricing (free) for Purdue faculty. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, title/rank, and department for the special pricing coupon code for registering online. You must send the email and request for the code before you register.
- Is the special pricing for registration available for faculty at Purdue’s branch campuses (other than the main campus)?
Special pricing is available for ALL faculty at all Purdue campuses. Post-docs and graduate students will have to register by paying the minimal fee (see next question).
- What is the registration cost for Post-docs and graduate students at Purdue?
The fee for all Purdue graduate students and postdocs is $50, which is considerably lower than the regular registration fee of $150. Some Post-docs and graduate students have requested their departments to assist or pay the reduced registration cost of $50 and that may be an option. You will need to select the invoice option on the payment page of the registration site. Then submit the invoice to the appropriate business office for payment.
- What is the registration cost for Post-docs and graduate students not from Purdue?
The fee for non-Purdue graduate students and postdocs is still $50. The registration fee will be due at the time of registration via a credit card transaction.
- What does registration for the conference include?
The registration fee includes access to all sessions, all session materials, breakfast and lunch on both conference days as well as the reception on Thursday, September 5.
- I want to attend only the keynote and workshop. Should I register for the conference?
Yes, you must register even if you want to attend some parts of the conference such as the keynote, writing workshop, or if you are a panel speaker.
- Can I apply for the fellowship?
Faculty from outside Purdue can apply for the fellowship. The deadline for the fellowship application for the 2019 conference is 5pm EST July 7th. The deadline has passed and applications are no longer being accepted.