Conference for Pre-Tenure Women
- Who can attend the Conference for Pre-Tenure Women?
All pre-tenure faculty and clinical faculty from Purdue and other universities can register and attend the conference. Advanced graduate students and post-docs from Purdue and elsewhere can also register and attend. Although many sessions and workshops at the conference are geared towards professional development of early career academics, post-tenure faculty are also welcome to register and attend. The emphasis is on women’s success, but men are welcome to attend.
- How can Purdue faculty get special pricing for the conference registration?
There is a special conference pricing (free) for Purdue faculty. Please email email@example.com with your name, title/rank, and department for the special pricing coupon code for registering online. Please send the email and request for the code before you register.
- Is the special pricing for registration available for faculty at Purdue’s branch campuses (other than the main campus)?
Special pricing is available for ALL faculty at all Purdue campuses. Post-docs and graduate students will have to register by paying the minimal fee (see next question).
- What is the registration cost for Post-docs and graduate students at Purdue?
The fee for all Purdue graduate students and postdocs is $50, which is considerably lower than the regular registration fee of $175. Some Post-docs and graduate students have requested their departments to assist or pay the reduced registration cost of $50 and that may be an option.
- I want to attend only the keynote and workshop. Should I register for the conference?
Yes, you must register even if you want to attend some parts of the conference such as the keynote, writing workshop, or if you are a panel speaker.
- Can I apply for the fellowship?
Faculty from outside Purdue can apply for the fellowship. Unfortunately, the deadline for the fellowship application for the 2018 conference has passed (it was August 15th).