How to Buy
Need to buy common, routine goods? Use Purdue's online procurement system - Ariba
- Ariba Login
- Ariba Resources
- Non-Entry/Cross Reference Log: If you are looking for a supplier in Ariba and cannot find them they may be listed in this log. This contains a list of suppliers that may have changed their name, stopped accepting PO’s, stopped doing business, lack of Purdue use, or where a strategic contract has been put in place with an alternate supplier. This also contains names of suppliers that were requested for new setup but were denied due to the product/service being available with an existing supplier.
- Need help finding a supplier? Please click here for a detailed commodity list with key suppliers.
- Over 60% of all items purchased on POs are found in one of the Ariba Catalogs. View a list of preferred suppliers here to get started.
- The Office of Supplier Diversity Development also offers a database of minority and woman-owned businesses looking to do business with Purdue.
- Catalog Suppliers
Purchases $10,000 and Over
- Purchase Request Instructions
- Submit a request for purchases $10,000 and over here. A purchasing agent will contact you once the request has been received.
- Review requests for purchases $10,000 and over here.
- Special Purchases form (formerly Waiver of Competitive Bid form)
- NOTE: A purchase must not be artificially divided (split into two or more smaller purchases) to avoid solicitation requirements. Purchasing authority will be revoked for individuals found to be non-compliant. In certain instances, purchases totaling less than $10,000 may be competitively bid by Procurement Services if deemed beneficial to the university.
New PO Supplier Requests
- Purdue maintains a large database of PO suppliers across multiple commodities. Departments are encouraged to use existing suppliers whenever possible. However, if a new Ariba supplier is required, complete this form New PO Supplier Request Form Procurement will review and approve/deny the request and provide instruction on order placement. Orders should not be placed in Ariba until you’ve been notified that the supplier is available.