How to Buy
Need to buy common, routine goods? Use Purdue's online procurement system - Ariba
- Ariba Resources
- Catalog Supplier Contact info
- Non-Entry/Cross Reference Log: If you are looking for a supplier in Ariba and cannot find them they may be listed in this log. This contains a list of suppliers that may have changed their name, stopped accepting PO’s, stopped doing business, lack of Purdue use, or where a strategic contract has been put in place with an alternate supplier. This also contains names of suppliers that were requested for new setup but were denied due to the product/service being available with an existing supplier.
- Need help finding a supplier? Please click here for a detailed commodity list with key suppliers.
- Over 60% of all items purchased on POs are found in one of the Ariba Catalogs. View a list of preferred suppliers here to get started.
- The Office of Supplier Diversity Development also offers a database of minority and woman-owned businesses looking to do business with Purdue.
Purchases $10,000 and Over
- Purchase Request Instructions
- Submit a request for purchases $10,000 and over here. A purchasing agent will contact you once the request has been received.
- Review requests for purchases $10,000 and over here.
- Special Purchases form (formerly Waiver of Competitive Bid form)
- NOTE: A purchase must not be artificially divided (split into two or more smaller purchases) to avoid solicitation requirements. Purchasing authority will be revoked for individuals found to be non-compliant. In certain instances, purchases totaling less than $10,000 may be competitively bid by Procurement Services if deemed beneficial to the university.
New Ariba PO Supplier Requests
Submit requests for new PO suppliers by completing this form New PO Supplier Request Form. Procurement will review your request and advise. If a new supplier is approved the requests will then go through the following process to be available in Ariba.