Use ADPAY Form for Summer EVPT Intern Allowances - 06/4/09

Business Offices that seek moving and housing allowances for summer EVPT (Executive Vice President and Treasurer) interns must submit their request on an ADPAY Form to be processed through Payroll to comply with current University policy.

The Tax Department asks Business Office staff to follow the Moving Allowance Payments to Employees  process, available on the Business @ Purdue  Web site, filed under the Finance/Payments and Reimbursements categories. Use the standard gross-up amounts for these allowances.

There will be a slight difference in the net check amount which interns will receive if they claim anything other than a Single 1 on their W4/WH4. See Business @ Purdue, People/Compensation for a Single 1 Exemption Chart for Summer EVPT Interns listing wage types 1435 and 1455 for both housing and moving allowances for bi-weekly and monthly EVPT interns.

In addition, this gross-up amount assumes the intern is taxable for Social Security/Medicare taxes. However, if an intern is a nonresident alien or enrolled in classes, please contact Tax Manager Linda Mundy. She will research the employee’s information to determine if that person is exempt from these taxes.