Office of the Bursar Hovde Hall of Administration

Outside Awards

All money from a private donor needs to be processed through Purdue University. This is for your benefit as well as for your donors benefit.

Even if a check is made out only to you, it needs to be processed through Purdue University. DO NOT cash the check first and then send us a new check. This check cannot be processed as a scholarship/private award. We must process the original check.

All checks should be sent to:

Purdue University
Outside Awards
610 Purdue Mall
West Lafayette IN 47907-2040

If you wish, you can bring your check to Room 5 in Hovde Hall or have your donor complete and return the donor form along with the check.

Be sure to put your Purdue ID number on the front of the check. If it is made payable to you, or to you and Purdue University, you will need to sign the back of the check. Be sure to include a copy of any documentation your donor sent to you with the check. All checks over $600.00 will be split between your fall and spring semester unless you provide documentation from your donor that says it is all for one semester.

Once a check is receive, it will be processed by the Bursar Office, and then validated by the Division of Financial Aid. This process can take up to 7-10 business days during busy times (middle of July through the end of September, and middle of December through the end of February). During non-busy times, the process takes about 5-7 business days to appear on your account.

To speed the process along, please make sure your information (name, Purdue ID number, and signature, if necessary) is correct on the check and that the necessary documentation is included with your check. Also, make sure to report your anticipated award through the Division of Financial Aid.

Phone: (765) 494-5371

Purdue University, 610 Purdue Mall, West Lafayette, IN 47907, (765) 494-7570

© 2015 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints | Maintained by Office of the Bursar

Trouble with this page? Disability-related accessibility issue? Please contact Office of the Bursar at