Office of the Bursar Hovde Hall of Administration

Processes for Staff Remissions & Assistantships

The following remissions will require a Form 15:

  • Staff Fee Remission
  • Staff Child Fee Remission
  • Staff Spouse Fee Remission
  • Grad Staff Spouse Fee Remission

You must have the staff member fill out the Form 15 and obtain the proper signatures & authorizations at the bottom of the form.  Form 15 can be found under the forms menu. Once the document is complete with all required signatures, send the form to:

  • Bursar Office
    HOVD 130 
    attention Glenda Smith.

Process for Graduate Assistantship Fee Remission (Graduate Student Appointment/Assistantship:

 All departments are responsible for reporting their list of Graduate Student Appointments prior to the beginning of the term.  Click on the “Faculty/Staff” link and select the “Graduate Assistantship Submission Form”. Fill out the form with all required information.  Once the list is complete submit the form by either clicking on the submit button located on the top of the form, or save the file and e-mail the form to: for processing.

If you have any additions or deletions throughout the term you must also send those updates via the Graduate Assistantship Submission Form in the same manner as describe above.

Fee Remission Audit:

Usually 6-8 weeks into the term, an audit is performed comparing Banner to the HR system to verify Staff / Grad staff positions.  If it is found that the employee no longer qualifies for the remission; the student attribute is removed and the fee assessment is adjusted appropriately resulting in an updated invoice being sent to the student.

Please contact Glenda Smith or Tim Riley in the event of any questions or concerns in regards to this process.


Glenda Smith - 49-47577 or  

Tim Riley - 49-47574 or

Purdue University, 610 Purdue Mall, West Lafayette, IN 47907, (765) 494-7570

© 2015 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints | Maintained by Office of the Bursar

Trouble with this page? Disability-related accessibility issue? Please contact Office of the Bursar at