Last updated: 02/27/2020. Please check any files for updated versions on a regular basis as we regularly improve and fix bugs in them.
The speeds and feeds for each tool are preset for you based on the material in the subsection and the characteristics of each tool. Do not adjust the speeds and feeds unless instructed to do so by a qualified Bechtel Center TA or staff member.
Material codes in the library:
- Mild Steels (P)
- Stainless Steels (M)
- Cast Irons (K)
- Nonferrous Metals (N)
- Super Alloys (S)
- Heat Treated Metals (H)
- Plastics (Pl)
- Woods (W)
This library was built specifically for the tools and holders at the Bechtel Center. If your CAM simulation shows a crash with the tool holder or tool, it will crash on the Bechtel Center machines. If you need a tool that is not in the tool library, this means that you are trying to use a tool that is not common. If at all possible, redesign your part to use only the tools in the library.
Installation Instructions – Autodesk Fusion 360
- Download and extract the Tool Library folder from the above link.
- Click on your name in the upper right corner of the screen and select Preferences. Navigate to General – Manufacture and ensure that ‘Enable Cloud Libraries’ is checked.
- Click on the 3×3 grid in the top left corner of the screen to open the Data Panel.
- Navigate to the Assets project under Libraries and then open the CAMTools folder.
- Click upload and then select the .json files that you downloaded.
- Once uploaded, the libraries will appear under the Cloud tab of the tool library.