Please check any files for updated versions on a regular basis as we regularly improve and fix bugs in them.
This portion is only applicable if you are using a dovetail fixture, the Raptor RWP-013SS. Before you can use that fixture you need to machine a dovetail onto the stock. We provide a parametric model, pre-built tools and tool offsets that will allow you to machine the dovetail on a 3-axis machine. Here are the steps to follow:
- Obtain the file, download it as a Fusion360 Archive and open it in Fusion360. File: Dovetail Maker
- Click on Modify in the toolbar.
- Click on Change Parameters.
- Change the Length, Breadth and Height depending on your stock.
- Switch to Manufacturing in the toolbar.
- Right-click on the Setup and click Generate.
- Run a simulation to validate the CAM. Have a Peer-Mentor inspect it.
- Generate G-Code like you would for any other 3-axis CAM.
- Send the file to the FileShare.
- Machine the dovetail on a 3-axis mill under Peer-Mentor supervision and have a Graduate Peer-Mentor inspect the dovetail when it is done while it is still in the machine. (Note for Peer-Mentors: Use the tool offset table below and don’t probe the tools. Type the offsets in manually. If are unsure, reach out to a Graduate Peer Mentor.)
|Tool||Tool Number||Height Offset||Diameter Offset|
|2″ Shoulder Mill||4||3.1408||2.0038|