BCC Visits Chicago
The Purdue Black Cultural Center will sponsor a FREE Cultural and Historical tour to Chicago, IL on October 20 -21, 2018. The tour includes the following:
- Theatrical production of The Colored Museum by George C. Wolfe at the Glen Theatre in Gary, IN
- Accommodations at the brand new Holiday Inn hotel in Hammond, IN
- Tour the heart of Chicago’s African American community – Bronzeville
- Soul Food Brunch at Pearl’s Place
- Visit to DuSable Museum of African American History and view two new exhibitions:
South Side Stories—The Art and Influence of Dr. Margaret T. Burroughs, 1960–1980
- This exhibition explores influential Chicago artist and cultural leader Dr. Margaret T. Burroughs’s legacy as an artist, creator, activist and institution builder. It gives a nuanced illustration of how her legacy influenced artists, activists, and cultural awareness on Chicago’s South Side and beyond between 1960 and 1980.
“TROUBLEMAKER: Art is Our Only Hope”
- A new exhibition of contemporary art by one of South Africa’s most celebrated talents, artist Ayanda Mabulu. This exhibition marks the first time this artist will be shown in the United States.
- Shopping on the Magnificent Mile
Please click on the link here to apply and get detailed information.
Application Deadline: September 24 / Selections Announced: october 2