Clothing & Uniforms Team FAQs
What does the Clothing & Uniforms Team do?
- The Clothing & Uniforms Team deals with the uniforms for the “All-American” Marching Band, the Wind Ensemble, the Philharmonic Orchestra, and the Symphony Orchestra. We issue clothing every semester (or every year depending on the ensemble) and we also maintain the uniforms.
Where is the Clothing & Uniforms Team located?
- It is located on the third floor of Elliott Hall of Music, on the northwest staircase.
How do I get my uniform hemmed if it does not fit?
- Tau Beta Sigma (the honorary band service sorority) handles all hemming for the Purdue “All-American” Marching Band uniforms. They have hemming time-slots where you can get your pants and jacket hemmed. Talk to a sister for more information.
If I need a uniform or have an issue, when should I come to the office?
- Come to office hours! Please leave enough time to get your uniform fixed or issue resolved. Do not come at the end of office hours because most officers can’t stay past their listed times. Contact the person on the Office Hours contact page to let them know you are coming.
How do I turn in my uniform for dry-cleaning?
- For the “All-American” Marching Band, most dry-cleaning drop-offs happen the Monday after a game, from 8:00am-12:00pm in Room 30. Make sure you take off your braids and suspenders, and double check your P-pocket for loose items. If you turn in your uniform for dry-cleaning, make sure you notify the team member on duty so they can record it. If you are dropping off someone else’s uniform as well, make sure their name gets recorded too. For all other ensembles during the fall and spring semesters, there are no specific days for dry-cleaning. All uniforms will be dry-cleaned once they have been returned at the end of every semester. If you are continuing in the same ensemble for the next semester, you still need to turn in your uniform so it can get cleaned and the team members can do inventory.
When do I pick up my uniform from dry-cleaning?
- For the “All-American” Marching Band, dry-cleaning return happens the Thursday before a game, on the second floor dressing rooms right after band. The first day of dry-cleaning pick-up is the only day of dry-cleaning pickup. If you do not pick-up your dry-cleaning on time you will receive a gig. If you for some reason you absolutely cannot come to get your uniform, have a friend pick it up for you, or talk directly with Paige Lippens. For all other ensembles, there is no dry-cleaning pick up. You will get a uniform at the beginning of the semester and return it at the end of the semester.
If I have any game day emergencies who should I talk to?
- Talk to the game day head. If you have a major issue Friday night, feel free to get a hold of her using the contact information listed on the office hours page.
What is a uniform concern I should bring to a team member’s attention?
- If there is a severe rip or tear in your pants, jacket, shirt (for indoor ensembles) or a hat that is broken, talk to a team member. If your uniform doesn’t fit, come to an office hour.
How do I join the Clothing & Uniforms Team?
- Talk to Paige Lippens for information about joining. We would love to have you join if you are interested!