Who We Are
Purdue Bands & Orchestras, Purdue’s instrumental music department, educates students through a performance-based curriculum which:
- Develops students as performers, listeners, and scholars.
- Cultivates knowledge and appreciation of music in order to function as intelligent musical consumers and advocates.
- Provides musical performances to meet the entertainment, educational and social needs of the students, the university, the community, the state of Indiana, and beyond.
Who we are:
What we offer:
- Exceptional instrumental performance experiences led by internationally recognized faculty.
- Scholarship opportunities for undergraduate students, as well as two graduate assistantships.
- Student interactions with renowned professional artists, composers, and guest conductors.
- Hands-on opportunities in leadership, teamwork, and service.
- Interdisciplinary and collaborative educational partnerships.
- Purdue Bands & Orchestras Engineering Learning Community, Engineering Projects in Community Service (EPICS), Purdue Jazz Festival, Purdue Band Day, Roy A. Johnson “Partners In Music Education” program, Lafayette Ballet Company, Study Abroad experiences in Italy, Eastern Europe, Spain, and Colombia
- National and international performance opportunities available to all students
- Carnegie Hall, Orchestra Hall, Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, Dublin St. Patrick’s Day Parade, “Meet in Beijing” Fine Arts Festival, Montreaux Jazz Festival, American Bandmasters Association National Convention, Feria de las Flores Festival in Medellin, Colombia
- An environment where we respect and value everyone. We are committed to a department which fosters diversity and inclusion; which is free of any and all forms of harassment, including hazing of any kind.