Golduster Audition Registration – 2020
GOLDUSTER AUDITION REGISTRATION IS CLOSED.
All auditions have already taken place. The information below is simply for reference.
When are auditions?
- Virtual auditions will be due Saturday, April 18th, 2020 at Noon.
- You may submit your virtual audition to Coach Joy as soon as you would like.
- Auditions videos, team contract, social media contract, and coach’s recommendation letter should be emailed to Coach Joy McEwen – email@example.com.
- Results will be communicated one week following auditions.
How can I register for auditions?
- Registration has closed.
- Registration closes at 5:00 PM on April 17th.
Will the audition process change in light of COVID-19?
- Yes! Auditions will be all virtual this year!
How should I prepare for auditions?
- Those auditioning should have strong fundamentals and technique in jazz, pom, and hip-hop.
- Required skills include flexibility, double & triple pirouettes, a la seconde fouette turns, leg hold, variations of leaps such as calypso, surprise, and turning disc, in addition to other skills.
- Please complete video auditions of Jazz Routine, Hail Purdue Routines, and Hip-Hop Routine, including all required skills.
- Submit auditions videos, team contract, social media contract, and coach’s recommendation letter to Coach Joy McEwen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to include in video audition:
- Access Audition Routines to Prepare and Music Here – request password from Coach Joy.
- Access Team Contract and Social Media Contract Here – request password from Coach Joy.
- Contact Coach Joy – email@example.com for the password to access routines, music, and contracts.
What to wear:
- Fitted exercise clothes (solid black top and black bottoms)
- Jazz dance shoes
- Please no jewelry or gum, and wear your hair so we can see your face.
Is the Golduster Dance Team curricular?
- Yes! As members of the “All-American” Marching Band, each Golduster earns 2 hours of course credit for the fall and spring semesters.
- During spring semester, the Golduster Dance Team performs as an exhibition squad at performances throughout the community and the state.
Golduster activities include, but are not limited to:
- Duster Days: August 16th-18th, 2020
- Band Camp: August 16th-22nd, 2020
- Fall Semester Rehearsals: Monday through Friday 3:30-5:30 pm
- Spring Semester Rehearsals: 4 hours per week
- All Purdue home football games, 1 away game, and potential travel to bowl games
- Campus and community performance opportunities
- Multiple Purdue Men’s and Women’s Basketball games and other Purdue athletic events
- Travel opportunities have included: The Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Dublin, Ireland, and the Feria de las Flores in Medellin, Colombia.
Contact Coach Joy McEwen.