“All-American” Marching Band Audition Information
Register for Band Camp – Fall 2018
(Please note that you will not receive a confirmation email. Once you hit “submit,” we have received your information.)
Band Camp 2018 Dates: August 12th-18th, 2018
Openings for Piccolo, Clarinet, Alto and Tenor Saxophone, Trumpet, Mellophone, Baritone, Trombone, Tuba, Snare Drum, Multi-Tenor, Bass Drum, Cymbals, Big Ten Flags, and Big Bass Drum Crew.
Brass, Woodwinds, and Drumline
- How do I sign up for Band Camp?
- When are marching auditions?
- The entire week of band camp is part of the marching audition process.
- When are music auditions?
- Incoming students, including drumline, will audition during their first day of band camp (August 12th, 2018).
- Returning brass and woodwinds will audition in April, (dates TBA.)
- What should I prepare for my audition?
- What if I cannot attend Band Camp? Can I still audition?
- Attendance is mandatory. All students auditioning for marching band are required to attend band camp.
- All students are required to report on Sunday, August 12th. If you are in DCI, you are required to report on Sunday, August 12th.
- How do I enroll in Marching Band?
- Enroll with your academic advisor during STAR.
Band Camp questions? Contact email@example.com.
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN “ALL-AMERICAN” MARCHING BAND:
- Boiler Gold Rush:
- The Purdue “All-American” Marching Band provides a similar experience to Boiler Gold Rush (BGR) during the week of band camp, including presentations from important departments on campus, tours, and activities within your section.
- Since Band Camp and BGR are the same week, please DO NOT SIGN UP FOR BGR IF YOU INTEND TO MARCH. You will not miss out by not attending BGR and will still acclimate to campus life and make plenty of new friends.
- If you sign up for BGR and then decide to participate in band camp, you may request a full refund prior to June 18, 2018. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (765) 494-9328 to determine if your circumstance qualifies.
- Residence Hall Move-In:
- Residence Hall move-in will be Friday, August 10 from 8:00 am-4:00 pm, Saturday, August 11 from 8:00 am- noon, and Sunday, August 12 from 8:00 am- noon. Sign-ups will take place in the Online Portal, which WILL NOT OPEN UNTIL MID JUNE. When the online portal asks for a program, please select “Band Camp.” You will receive an email with instructions on how to sign up for a move-in time once the site opens in mid June.
- Cost per night is $22 for the room. This cost will be billed to your MyPurdue account.
- Those who wish to eat in the residence halls will have to pay on a per meal basis (breakfast $7.50, lunch $11.50, and dinner $11.90). Most students eat off campus with their sections and stock their residence halls with breakfast items to save money.
Band Camp Schedule at a Glance:
- Sunday, August 12:
- Noon Check-in for all new candidates at Elliott Hall of Music
- 2:00 pm Introductory meeting for all new members at Elliott Hall of Music- parents are welcome and encouraged to attend!
- Incoming freshman music auditions
- Monday, August 13 – Thursday, August 16:
- Rehearsals and marching fundamentals
- Section activities, orientations, and tours
- Friday, August 17:
- Final membership selections
- Saturday, August 18:
- 7:30 pm End of camp exhibition performance at Hull Field. This event is free and open to the public!