Alumni are encouraged to sign-up for the department email list here and follow Purdue Bands & Orchestras on Facebook for the most up-to-date information. You can check out our upcoming Alumni events below!
Big Bass Drum Crew Alumni Reunion | October 1-2, 2021 | REGISTER HERE
Purdue University’s iconic World’s Largest Drum turns 100 years old this fall. The Purdue “All-American” Marching Band will celebrate this historic anniversary by welcoming our Big Bass Drum Crew alumni back to campus during Homecoming weekend (October 1-2, 2021). Participating Drum Crew alumni will play an integral part of the celebration as the century-old, University icon is featured throughout the weekend.
Additional details will be provided to registrants regarding COVID-related Protect Purdue guidelines closer to the event. Check out the tentative Reunion schedule below (subject to change)!
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 1
6:00pm – Doors open at Marriott Hall, Check-In and Cocktail Hour (Beer & Wine, two complimentary drink tickets)
- Parking Available in University Street Garage (Click here to view Map).
- Those who register for game tickets will be able to pick them up as they check-in at the reception.
- Those who register for game tickets, but will not be attending the reception will be able to pick them up during “Thrill on the Hill” at Slayter Center by the “trivia table” from 10:30am – 11am on Saturday, October 2.
6:30pm – Dinner Reception at Marriott Hall
- Attire is casual to business casual.
7:30pm – Presentation
- Professor Jay Gephart will speak about the Big Bass Drum and its legacy at Purdue University and with the Purdue “All-American” Marching Band
8:00pm – Homecoming Parade begins
- Enjoy dessert on the patio as the Homecoming parade passes by Marriott Hall, featuring the 2021-22 Purdue “All-American” Marching Band
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 2
10:30am – AAMB performs “Thrill on the Hill” at Slayter Center for the Performing Arts
- Big Bass Drum Crew alumni are invited to enjoy this performance at Slayter Center before going to Ross-Ade Stadium for the game.
- Those who register for game tickets, but will not be attending the reception will be able to pick them up during “Thrill on the Hill” at Slayter Center by the “trivia table” from 10:30am – 11am.
12:00pm – Kickoff, Purdue vs. Minnesota
Halftime – Big Bass Drum Crew Alumni recognized on the field during the halftime show
- Attire is anything Purdue!
- All registered Big Bass Drum Crew Alumni will receive a wristband at check-in (at the reception or Thrill on the Hill) allowing them field access during the halftime show. These alumni will be able to watch the show from the front sideline and will be honored during the show on the field. Marching Band staff will be on the front sideline to coordinate logistics for the special recognition.
Full Alumni Band Reunion Moved to Fall 2022
Due to the uncertainty on how the COVID-19 pandemic may affect a number of campus activities in the fall, Purdue Bands & Orchestras has moved the full Alumni Band Reunion back one year to Homecoming of fall 2022.
This biannual reunion consistently welcomes over 500 alumni from across the country to perform together and reconnect with close friends. While we are saddened to delay this exciting reunion for one year, we believe it will ultimately allow more of our alumni to be part of the special Purdue Alumni Band tradition in a safe and healthy way. The full Alumni Band will pick up its every other year pattern starting at that time (2022, 2024, etc.). We look forward to hosting our largest ever Alumni Band weekend during Homecoming 2022 in what will be our brand-new home, Hagle Hall. Stay tuned for more details on this extraordinary on-campus event!