According to Purdue University Calumet regulations, an unemancipated student shall only qualify for Indiana resident classification for tuition purposes if a parent or guardian of the student has been domiciled in the state of Indiana. Similarly, an emancipated student must meet this requirement.

To be considered domiciled in Indiana, a person must reside continuously in the state for a predominant purpose other than attending an institution of higher education for at least 12 months immediately preceding the first day of classes of the term.

Information about Indiana residency for tuition purposes is available at