Probation Email Template

Email Subject Line: Action Required, Probation

Dear Student,

You have been placed on Academic Probation based on your previous semester grades.

I know that being on Academic Probation can be challenging. Please understand that there are several resources available to support you, one of which is meeting with me.

As your academic advisor, I am committed to helping you return to good academic standing so you can continue making positive progress towards degree completion. Below I have initiated a Plan of Action for you to follow:

  1. Please review your transcript. If you believe any of your grades from the previous semester are incorrect, contact your professor immediately.
  2. Review your upcoming semester classes and ask yourself, “Do I need to add, drop, or repeat any courses?” If the answer is “yes” or you are unsure, do not make any changes until you have confirmed these changes with me.
  3. Complete the Academic Intervention Assessment by <insert appropriate semester date here>.
  4. Schedule a meeting with me during the first two weeks of the semester. (schedule here: BoilerConnect)

During our first meeting, our discussion will focus on:

  • What Academic Probation means.
  • How you can return to good academic standing.
  • Possible schedule changes.
  • Campus resources to support you.

Your return to good academic standing should be one of your top priorities. Do be aware that continued academic probation could lead to a lack of progress toward degree, or ultimately being dropped from the university. I know that external factors beyond academics can make this challenging, so if you are struggling with additional stressors please consider utilizing the university resources available to you.  


Academic Advisor

Purdue University, 610 Purdue Mall, West Lafayette, IN 47907, (765) 494-4600

© 2015 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints | Maintained by Office of Academic Advising

Trouble with this page? Disability-related accessibility issue? Please contact Office of Academic Advising at