Student Resources

What are some of the suggested places for students to study on campus?

  • Hicks Undergraduate Library.
  • Roland G. Parrish Library of Management and Economics.
  • "The stacks" in Stewart Center (HSSE Library).
  • The Union.
  • Krach Leadership Center.
  • During finals week, Engineering, Hicks and Parrish libraries are usually open 24 hours, and many others have extended hours.

Where can students find and apply for open on-campus jobs?

How do I advise students interested in undergraduate research opportunities?

Getting involved in a research project as an undergraduate provides hands-on experience and allows a change of pace from formal classroom courses. Check out the University website for undergraduate research opportunities across campus.

Are there opportunities for students to get involved on campus?

There are many different student organizations at Purdue, ranging from academic clubs, to Greek life, to athletic clubs. If a student is looking for a specific group and Purdue does not offer it, the student has the opportunity to be the founder of a new club. Students are encouraged to become involved in at least one organization while at Purdue. Find a list of clubs and organizations offered at Purdue on Boilerlink.

What are some resources students can use to explore majors and careers?

What if a student wishes to change a major?

A change of major, or Change of Curricula (commonly referred to as CODO), occurs when a current Purdue student considers a transfer from one program to another, either outside the current college or changing programs within the current college. To successfully make such a transition, students must be aware of the policies and requirements of the program they are interested in as CODO requirements vary greatly, even between programs in the same college/school. Students are encouraged to discuss their academic plans with their current academic advisor so requirements for a new program may be explored and a plan created to help make a smooth transition to a new program. Refer a student to the Registrar's website on changing curricula.

Students are strongly encouraged to meet with an advisor, when possible, in the new program or to attend a CODO meeting to ensure a successful and timely process.

What resources and services are available for student veterans and students who are children of a veteran?

What services are offered for specialized student populations?

What are academic and health-related resources on campus?

There are many different resources for students at Purdue. There is a complete list of available resources on the Student Success website.

For health-related needs students can go to the Purdue Student Health Center (PUSH). PUSH can meet the needs of most health-related concerns. Visits to the medical clinic are provided at no cost to full-time students who have paid the student fee. There may be additional costs for specialty services such as laboratory services, radiology services, after-hours care, etc.

For mental health-related concerns students can go to Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS). Students are allotted a certain amount of free sessions per semester depending on type of service and their enrollment status.

How do I talk with a student about safety on Purdue's campus?

Safe Walk is a service provided to Purdue students and employees by the Purdue Student Security Patrol (PSSP). When using Safe Walk, the person requesting service will be escorted from campus building to campus building by the PSSP. To request this service call 494-SAFE (7233).

Another service offered on Purdue's campus is Purdue ALERT.

There are Emergency Telephone System boxes (either blue or yellow) located all over campus. Students who are in need of assistance can use the boxes to request help.

For more information on Safety Programs and Services in the Greater Lafayette area please visit the Purdue Police Department and the Emergency Preparedness and Planning Office.

Campus Safety Contacts:

Purdue Police

Purdue Fire

Radiological and Environmental Management

Environmental Health and Safety Regulatory Compliance
Robin Mills Ridgway, PhD, PE

Campus Emergency Preparedness and Planning Office

To Report A Safety Hazard

Text Message Sign-Up
Sign up for emergency text messages at

Where should I refer a student in need of:

Where do I find the deadlines that may impact students (we have so many different calendars: Academic, Quick Look Up Guide, Drop/Add, etc.)?


  • Drop/Add Deadlines calendars for fall, summer, and spring and short course drop/add dates will also contain refund information.
  • Academic Calendar (full year) will have information on a month-by-month basis with holidays, breaks and withdrawal dates.
  • Quick Look Up Guide is distributed by the Office of the Registrar.

University Residences important dates

Division of Financial Aid:

If I have a student who is undecided, where can I send him/her?

Purdue University, 610 Purdue Mall, West Lafayette, IN 47907, (765) 494-4600

© 2015 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints | Maintained by Office of Academic Advising

Trouble with this page? Disability-related accessibility issue? Please contact Office of Academic Advising at