Veterinary Nursing CODO requirements
Current Purdue students can view the criteria to change their major to Veterinary Nursing below. Purdue students interested in changing their major should meet with their current academic advisor to discuss their options and begin the online process. Once the student’s Major Change (CODO) has been processed, students will receive an email with instructions to authorize the change.
Students will need to meet the criteria below to be eligible to change their major. A student’s catalog term, typically the semester you started at Purdue, will be used to determine the Major Change criteria that applies to you. Students can find their catalog term at the top of their myPurduePlan below the degree progress bar. The major change information below is for catalog term 2020-2021; see the University Undergraduate Academic Advising Major Change (CODO) website for prior catalog term criteria and FAQs.
Veterinary Nursing (VNRS)
- Minimum Semesters: 0
- Minimum Credits: 0
- Minimum GPA: 2.0
- D- or better in the following:
- CHM 11100/11200 or 11500/11600
- BIOL 11000/11100
- COM 11400
- ENGL 10600 or 10800
- MATH 15300
- Behavioral and Social Sciences Core course
- Humanities Core course
- Science, Technology, & Society Core course
- Students are accepted for FALL
- Students are admitted on a SPACE AVAILABLE BASIS ONLY after a holistic review. Space is available but rigorous.
- Students must be in good academic standing (not on academic probation)
- Preference given to students who have completed first-year Veterinary Nursing coursework by the end of the spring semester.
- Students are strongly encouraged to meet with a Veterinary Nursing advisor. Information about the application process is discussed at this time.
- Students are invited to interview in the spring semester.
Advising Office Location:
Lynn Hall, G171
Advising Next Steps:
Students are strongly encouraged to meet with a Veterinary Nursing advisor. Information about the application process is discussed at this time.