New Advisor Checklist
The checklist below contains suggestions for new advisors to complete within the first few weeks to months in your new role as a Purdue advisor.
- Complete the New Advisor Information Form.
- Seek out unit-specific training and support from your college, school or academic area.
- Meet with Sandy Monroe, director of undergraduate advising.
- Attend the next scheduled New Advisor Training.
- Attend New Employee Orientation.
- Become FERPA certified.
- Familiarize yourself with the Clery Act.
- Attend Banner and Cognos Training. Find the current role requester for your Org Unit on the Student Systems Role Request site.
- Read the Title IX Compliance Guide for Mandatory Reporters.
“ I love the process of getting to be there as a student first comes to Purdue and then working with them over the next few years and watching them develop into the beginnings of the person they will become. We get to watch this awesome process from a front row seat, and since we are at Purdue we get to see the best of what the world is about to receive. ”