Transfer Credit Process  

Following a student's admission, Purdue's Credit Evaluation Department will evaluate official college transcripts for possible transfer credit. To be transferable, coursework must meet the following criteria:

How such credit transfers will be based on an individual evaluation of the coursework. This evaluation will determine whether the course is equivalent to a Purdue course.

As admitted students register for Purdue courses, their academic advisor works with them to determine whether the credit satisfies specific curriculum requirements within their plan of study.

There is no limit on the number of credits that can transfer to Purdue. However, to receive a Purdue degree, students must complete at least 32 Purdue credit hours of upper-division courses as part of the requirements for the plan of study.

Only credit transfers; grades do not. The Credit Evaluation Report web page provides more detailed information about Purdue's transfer credit evaluation processes.


Transfer Credit Course Equivalency Guide

Use Purdue's searchable Transfer Credit Course Equivalency Guide to see how courses from other institutions transfer to Purdue.


Indiana College Students - Core Transfer Library

Purdue participates in a statewide initiative to facilitate the transfer of college credit from one public Indiana college or university to another. This initiative,, has established a library of courses that will transfer to any of the participating schools. Visit the Indiana Core Transfer Library (CTL) website to determine whether coursework completed at another Indiana institution is within this library and whether there is a Purdue equivalent.

A grade of "C-" or better also is required to transfer CTL coursework to Purdue. Transferability is guaranteed for coursework initiated after January 1, 2007.


Military Experience

Students can receive college credit for active duty by submitting a copy of the DD214 (or an LES, if still on active duty), preferably with their application for admission. This copy isn't required for admission evaluation but is necessary for credit consideration and consideration for other benefits such as reduced fees based on military service. Military training programs are not evaluated for transfer credit.


Submitting Transcripts

Official transcripts submitted through an electronic transcript service (Parchment/Avow, for example) should be directed to the Office of Admissions email address:

Check with your university’s registrar or records office about sending official transcripts to Purdue electronically. Transcripts that are scanned or emailed by the student are not considered official and will not be accepted.

Official paper transcripts may be mailed to Purdue's Credit Evaluation Department:

Purdue University
Credit Evaluation
Schleman Hall of Student Services
475 Stadium Mall Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907
(765) 494-1776
Authorized Accrediting Organizations

MSA—Middle States Association of Colleges & Schools

NWCCU—Northwest Commission on Colleges & Universities

NCA-HLC—North Central Association of Colleges & Schools

NEASC-CIHE—New England Association of Schools & Colleges

SACS—Southern Association of Colleges & Schools

WASC-ACCJU Western Association of Schools & Colleges for Community & Junior Colleges

WASC-ACSCU-Western Association of Schools & Colleges for Senior Colleges & Universities