Purdue University - Scholarship Application
Purdue University’s Scholarship Application for Undergraduates FAQ
Why can't I log in?
- Only admitted undergraduate students can fill out the scholarship application
- In order to access the application, you will need to set up your Career Account. The temporary login and password cannot be used to complete the scholarship application. Instructions for activating your career account can be found at: https://www.purdue.edu/apps/account/AccountSetup. Once your career account has been created, it will take 3-4 business days before you can use it to access this application. If you are unable to access the application after activating your career account, try changing your password at http://www.purdue.edu/securepurdue/ and then log into the Purdue Scholarship Application.
- Make sure you are using Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari as your browser.
- You need to use a high speed connection (dial up and wireless are problematic)
- You need to set security to medium.
- You need to allow cookies in your web browser
- Make sure the firewall and antivirus softwares are not blocking login to the application or disable the firewall and antivirus software during the application process.
- If the above criteria have all been met but you still cannot log in, contact ITAP Help Desk by email: email@example.com
- You should receive a confirmation email
- Log back into your application and verify your responses. If the application is blank, you need to start over.
- If you receive a message at the end indicating your application is incomplete, be sure you do not log out, but rather update incomplete fields. Then make sure that no REQUIRED areas still have the terms "ENTER RESPONSE" or "No Response." If so, you must enter a response. If you have no response, simply enter a N/A.
Can I update or modify my scholarship application after I have submitted it?
Yes, you can log back in and update or modify your responses until the deadline date
I hit "Save" and it brought me back to the log-in screen. Why?
Your application was timed out and you need to start over
Can I submit a paper application?
No, only electronic responses will be considered.Can I qualify for any other scholarships?
- This is the only application needed to be considered for scholarships awarded through the specific academic department to which you have been admitted at Purdue University.
- To be considered for need-based funds awarded through the Division of Financial Aid, you must file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 1, 2014 at the following website: http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/
- For other scholarships through Purdue University that are not awarded by the academic departments or Division of Financial Aid, visit the following website. http://www.purdue.edu/dfa/sandg/announce_pu.php
- You can also view information for private scholarships by visiting our website:http://www.purdue.edu/dfa/sandg/private.php
- The college/school to which your application was submitted will notify you in a congratulatory letter sometime in the spring if you were selected to receive one of the scholarships awarded through this online application process. Additionally, you will be able to view any scholarships awarded by Purdue online on your myPurdue account in mid-March.
- If you are not selected to receive a scholarship, there will be no notification.
If you still have questions after reviewing all the FAQs, then please contact the Division of Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org or (765)494-5059.