Web Accessibility Committee
Current Committee Members
- Monica Bloom - Director, Office of Institutional Equity
- Dean Brusnighan - Assistive Technology Specialist, Teaching and Learning Technologies
- Kelly Beranger - Web Technician, Mathematics
- Marcy Hintzman - Assistant Director Compliance and Disability Services, Office of Institutional Equity
- Vicki Kinslow - SharePoint Application Specialist, SharePoint Center of Excellence
- Kris Knotts - Web Marketing and Development Manager, School of Management
- Michele Rund - Senior Web Designer/Developer, Office of Institutional Research, Assessment and Effectiveness
- David Schwarte - Assistive Technology Specialist, Teaching and Learning Technologies
- Aaron Smith - Application Developer, IT Application Services
- Iyad Uakoub, Career Services Systems Associate, Center for Career Opportunities
- Casey Wright - Web Application Programmer, Office of Institutional Research, Assessment and Effectiveness
Past Key Committee Members
- Denton Brown, who authored the first draft, and was a strong advocate for a web accessibility policy.
- Julie Kercher-Updike, who chaired the original committee to consider formulating a Web accessibility policy.
- Kyle Bowen and James Mohler, who co-chaired the committee after VP Jim Bottom, Tony Hawkins and Dave Brannan approved in 2005 a recommendation to develop a university policy for Web accessibility.
- Gavin Steiger, who chaired the committee from April 2006 to August 2007, and under his guidance the first draft of the proposed policy was written and significant improvements were made.
- Diana Prieto, who successfully guided the committee through the organizational steps to transform the draft into an official policy.
Purdue Universal Access Initiative
Prior to the committee, a group called Purdue Universal Access Initiative was raising awareness and providing training in accessible web design. That group’s members were:
- Bill Hanks of Center for Career Opportunities
- Tim Nordland of Veterinary Medicine
- David Schwarte of ITaP
- Mary Ann Ferkis, Paula Micka, and Dean Brusnighan of Adaptive Programs (now the Disability Resource Center)