Purdue Person Search (PPS)
The Purdue Person Search application provides web access to data stored by the PUID system, and it provides management capability within the PUID system.
Central offices that provide service to students and can document a business need for accessing the data can be granted search capability in PPS.
There are multiple relationship types within PPS. These types are broken down into four basic categories:
- Student (a relationship is possible at multiple campuses)
- Advancement (University Development)
- R4P (Request for Privileges)
There are three levels of access available:
- Lite (search by SID, PUID or External ID only.)
- Limited (search by name, PUID and Alternate ID only.)
- Full Access (search by PUID, SSN and Alternate ID. This level of access requires completion of the SSN Exception form, and very limited access is given.)
A fourth level of access is granted to suspense processors. These individuals have responsibility for resolution of PUID issues and work the daily suspicions/suspense reports in order to ensure a timely assignment of the PUID.
For access to student data, FERPA, GLBA, Data Handling, and Protecting SSN certifications are required. For Student data, the FERPA certification is required annually. You will receive a recertification notice approximately 30 days prior to the expiration of your FERPA certification. If the certification isn't completed within 23 days, another reminder notice will be emailed to you. If your certification expires, your access will be automatically removed.
The PPS system is reviewed monthly to ensure the individuals assigned access are still using the system. If you go 180 days without accessing PPS, your account will be terminated.
PPS Access Request Form
After completing all required certifications, have your supervisor initiate the request. You will be required to sign the form in addition to the supervisor. The form is available here.
If you are requesting full access, you will also need to complete the SSN Exception Request Form
Login to PPS
- It’s been a blast. Congratulations Class of ’13!
Congratulations to the Class of 2013!...
- Arbor Day 2013 Gallery
The Office of Sustainability hosted a 2013 Arbor Day tree planting April 25th and around 40 student ...
- Air Force ROTC cadet named Most Outstanding Commander
The Arnold Air Society, an organization dedicated to building strong officers for the US Air Force, ...
- Is your career profile ready for the real world?
The interns at the Center for Career Opportunities have been hard at work to bring you LinkedIn Boot...
- Work out for a strong body and a stronger mind
A new Purdue study links high utilization of the new Córdova Rec Sports Center with increased grade ...
- Air Force ROTC instructor named most outstanding nationally
The National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA) has named Purdue’s own Major Jennifer M. La...
News & Events
- Purdue International evGrandPrix Sunday at IMS
At least 30 electric-powered go-karts are expected to run in the third Purdue International Electric...
- Centennial conference to focus on community, healthy living
The Indiana Extension Homemakers Association's Home and Family Conference will celebrate its 100th y...
- Purdue's top students to be honored at spring commencement
Purdue University will honor some of its highest academic-achieving graduating seniors during spring...
- Symposium led by Purdue, S. Korea teams to focus on advancements in organ-on-a-chip research
Research teams from Purdue University's Discovery Park and the Korean Institute of Science and Techn...
- Purdue's College of Veterinary Medicine to celebrate National Pet Week
The Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine will help celebrate National Pet Week, May 5-11...
- Purdue names five students who are patenting their inventions
Purdue University recognized five students who are working to patent their own discoveries made whil...