Purdue Person Search (PPS)
The Purdue Person Search application provides web access to data stored by the PUID system, and it provides management capability within the PUID system.
Central offices that provide service to students and can document a business need for accessing the data can be granted search capability in PPS.
There are multiple relationship types within PPS. These types are broken down into four basic categories:
- Student (a relationship is possible at multiple campuses)
- Advancement (University Development)
- R4P (Request for Privileges)
There are three levels of access available:
- Lite (search by SID, PUID or External ID only.)
- Limited (search by name, PUID and Alternate ID only.)
- Full Access (search by PUID, SSN and Alternate ID. This level of access requires completion of the SSN Exception form, and very limited access is given.)
A fourth level of access is granted to suspense processors. These individuals have responsibility for resolution of PUID issues and work the daily suspicions/suspense reports in order to ensure a timely assignment of the PUID.
For access to student data, FERPA, GLBA, Data Handling, and Protecting SSN certifications are required. For Student data, the FERPA certification is required annually. You will receive a recertification notice approximately 30 days prior to the expiration of your FERPA certification. If the certification isn't completed within 23 days, another reminder notice will be emailed to you. If your certification expires, your access will be automatically removed.
The PPS system is reviewed monthly to ensure the individuals assigned access are still using the system. If you go 180 days without accessing PPS, your account will be terminated.
PPS Access Request Form
After completing all required certifications, have your supervisor initiate the request. You will be required to sign the form in addition to the supervisor. The form is available here.
If you are requesting full access, you will also need to complete the SSN Exception Request Form
Login to PPS
- Star and Stripes Celebration
Come join as we all gather at Riehle Plaza to watch the annual festive fourth concert by our very ow...
- Indiana Fiddlers’ Gathering to feature renowned Irish group Solas
The 41st Annual Indiana Fiddlers’ Gathering will turn your definition of bluegrass music upsid...
- Prepare for your next interview with these questions
Purdue Center for Career Opportunities (CCO) has a great list of 32 common interview questions as co...
- Purdue Student Life Made Easy: Here’s 5 More!
As a follow up to our Student Life Made Easy series, here are 5 more ideas for settling into life at...
- Taste of Tippecanoe
Are you passionate about food like Joey is? Taste of Tippecanoe brings you barbecue ribs, gourmet w...
- Mosey Down Main Street
Is that you this summer? Do you need a break from studying for the 15 something credit hours youR...
News & Events
- Purdue weed science field days to feature research sites
Purdue Extension will host weed science field days at three Indiana locations beginning Friday (June...
- Purdue Galleries presents 'Papercuts' in three galleries
Purdue Galleries on July 1 will open an exhibit of contemporary papercut artwork, which will be spre...
- Purdue, Duke Energy widen reach of upcoming STEM-focused program for high school students, teachers
The expanded partnership between Purdue University and Duke Energy Corp. will allow the Duke Energy ...
- Purdue field day to feature conservation drainage practices
An innovative, two-stage conservation drainage ditch and nitrate-reducing system will be showcased a...
- Environmental conference provides toolkit for teachers to educate students about climate change
The Dynamics of Climate conference, which gives educators an opportunity to trade conjecture and lea...
- Science on Tap talk to highlight benefits of animal companionship
Leading Purdue University animal ecologist Alan Beck will headline this week's Science on Tap with a...