Purdue Person Search (PPS)
The Purdue Person Search application provides web access to data stored by the PUID system, and it provides management capability within the PUID system.
Central offices that provide service to students and can document a business need for accessing the data can be granted search capability in PPS.
There are multiple relationship types within PPS. These types are broken down into four basic categories:
- Student (a relationship is possible at multiple campuses)
- Advancement (University Development)
- R4P (Request for Privileges)
There are three levels of access available:
- Lite (search by SID, PUID or External ID only.)
- Limited (search by name, PUID and Alternate ID only.)
- Full Access (search by PUID, SSN and Alternate ID. This level of access requires completion of the SSN Exception form, and very limited access is given.)
A fourth level of access is granted to suspense processors. These individuals have responsibility for resolution of PUID issues and work the daily suspicions/suspense reports in order to ensure a timely assignment of the PUID.
For access to student data, FERPA, GLBA, Data Handling, and Protecting SSN certifications are required. For Student data, the FERPA certification is required annually. You will receive a recertification notice approximately 30 days prior to the expiration of your FERPA certification. If the certification isn't completed within 23 days, another reminder notice will be emailed to you. If your certification expires, your access will be automatically removed.
The PPS system is reviewed monthly to ensure the individuals assigned access are still using the system. If you go 180 days without accessing PPS, your account will be terminated.
PPS Access Request Form
After completing all required certifications, have your supervisor initiate the request. You will be required to sign the form in addition to the supervisor. The form is available here.
If you are requesting full access, you will also need to complete the SSN Exception Request Form
Login to PPS
- APSAC grants awarded to Student Affairs professionals
APSAC, the Administrative & Professional Staff Advisory Committee, has awarded profess...
- Tribute to Purdue, Game of Thrones style
This unofficial tribute to Purdue in the style of the Game of Thrones opening sequence is epic....
- Wednesday with Laverne Cox and Anant Agarwal
Ain’t I A Woman: My Journey to Womanhood- Laverne Cox 7 pm, Loeb Theater Laverne Cox explores ...
- Boiler Blast Extended Registration Deadline
Be one of over 1,000 students to serve in the community to assist with campus beautification or to h...
- Nominations Sought for Emily Mauzy Vogel Sophomore Leadership Development Retreat
As the new academic year approaches, we are looking ahead to the fall and the 24th annual Emily Mauz...
- PMO Spring Break Performance Tours
The Purduettes depart March 14 for a 9-day performance tour of Georgia, Florida and Tennessee and th...
- Volunteer with Boiler Blast in the New Chauncey Neighborhood!
Help the New Chauncey Neighbourhood out with some Spring Cleaning! Herald the arrival of Spring and ...
News & Events
- Science on Tap talk aims to unravel mysteries of nerve cells
Purdue University biological sciences professor Peter Hollenbeck at next week's Science on Tap will ...
- Week set aside to recognize student employees
The National Student Employment Association (NSEA) and Student Employment Services in Purdue's Divis...
- 57th Purdue Grand Prix set for April 26
Purdue University's 57th Grand Prix race will take place April 26 at the Grand Prix track on campus,...
- Purdue astronauts to discuss past, future space flight
Seven Purdue University NASA astronaut alumni will discuss their experiences in space and their thou...
- Free tickets still available for Purdue astronaut forum
Tickets are available for the Purdue astronaut alumni public forum Saturday (April 12)....
- Leader in 'just' sustainability movement to speak at Purdue through Discovery Lecture Series
An environmental social scientist and originator of the 'just sustainability' movement will be the k...