The 12th Boiler
Purdue fans go to great lengths to support their Boilermakers. And now there’s yet another way … by buying apparel from the 12th Boiler line.
- For each 12th Boiler item purchased, the vendor makes a donation to the 12th Boiler Endowment fund. More than $85,000 has been designated to the fund to date.
- Launched in fall 2008, the scholarship gets its name from the fact that there are 11 players on the field – fans (consumers) are the 12th Boiler.
- The scholarship recipient is a member of the football team and selected by the head coach not only for his talent on the field, but also his leadership, work ethic and scholastic achievement.
- Albert Evans was awarded the first 12th Boiler Scholarship in 2010 and again in 2011, Michael Rouse III was the recipient in the fall of 2012 and 2013, and in 2014 Jack Replogle was awarded the 12th Boiler Scholarship.
- Proceeds from a spring or summer 12th Boiler golf outing also supports the program.