Summer registration at Purdue is now starting February 1!
So how do you register for summer courses? Simple. Just follow a few easy steps:
- Make an appointment with your academic advisor. (Always your first step!) It's never too early to chat about summer plans. You can easily use the advisors directory to find your best contact.
- To prepare for your meeting, consider what you will be doing this summer. Are you going somewhere to work or considering an internship? Will your employer pay for an online class? Will you be studying abroad? Or will you be staying near campus to take courses?
- Next, decide which courses might be right for you, based on your summer plans.
- Then, check myPurdue for your time ticket to register for classes on the first day of your window. If you do have any holds on your account, you'll need to get those taken care of before you can register.
- During your advising appointment, don't forget to get your PIN number from your academic advisor so you can register online. You should also check prerequisites for your desired courses, and as always, have a backup plan if your classes aren't available.
If, for a variety of reasons, you are wanting to take a Purdue class this summer and you are not a current Purdue student (such as a student from a different university for the purposes of transferring it to your home institution), then you are considered a “nondegree seeking student” and please see this instructional video to get started.