Jump to other news and events
Purdue signature

Purdue University -

General Wellness Links

General Wellness
Frequently Asked Questions

I feel sick. Where can I go to see a doctor?

On campus, you can visit a healthcare provider at the Purdue Student Health Center (PUSH). Talking to a provider and having a consultation for a 'sick' visit is free of charge at PUSH if you are a full-time, fee-paying student. You may be charged for additional services done during your visit (lab work, x-ray, testing, etc.). To schedule an appointment, call 765-494-6504. Walk-in appointments are also available during regular business hours.

My child (or girlfriend/boyfriend, friend, etc.) needs to see a doctor but isn't a Purdue student. Where can I take him/her?

If possible, take him/her to a family doctor or someone who is his/her healthcare network (if the person has insurance). For those who are uninsured or underinsured, the Riggs Community Health Center is available. Located in Lafayette, the TCHC offers medical and dental care to eligible infants, children, and adults. Appointments should be scheduled in advance, and fees are charged on a sliding scale. To schedule an appointment, call 765-742-1567.

The TCHC is not an emergency clinic. If you or a family member/friend need immediate assistance, go to the nearest emergency room or dial 9-1-1.

Where can I go if I'm feeling stressed, overwhelmed, or if I have personal issues that I want to have addressed?

There are many different offices on campus that offer counseling services.

Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) is located in the Purdue Student Health Center (PUSH) and in the Psychological Sciences building.

CAPS offers a variety of mental health services to Purdue students, including confidential counseling services. Full-time students can receive up to eight free counseling sessions per semester. Part-time students may receive one free session. During summer session, students may receive up to two counseling sessions at no charge per summer module for which they have enrolled. To schedule an appointment with CAPS, call 765-494-6995.

Counseling and Guidance Center, located in Beering Hall, offers free confidential counseling services to Purdue students. To schedule an appointment, call 765-494-9738.

The Office of the Dean of Students provides personal, academic, and career counseling for Purdue students. It is located in Schleman Hall, Room 207. To schedule an appointment, call 765-494-1747.

There are also resources within the community

The Lafayette Crisis Center offers free 24-hour confidential crisis intervention and suicide prevention. The crisis center also provides referrals for social services. The crisis center is located on 1244 N. 15th Street in Lafayette. Available 24-hours at 765-742-0244.

For information and referrals for social services, call 765-423-2255.

If you have trouble accessing this page because of a disability,
please contact Student Wellness Office at swo@purdue.edu

Purdue University Student Health Center, 601 Stadium Mall Dr, West Lafayette, IN 47907, (765) 494-9355
© Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints