GI BILL® Benefits and Purdue University
Welcome veterans, military students, and benefit using family members. Our mission is to ensure prompt delivery of veterans educational benefits to all eligible students. Give yourself plenty of lead time as applying for benefits with the Department of Veterans Affairs and requesting admission to Purdue University is a lengthy process. If you are a returning student ensure to communicate early with the Veterans Certifying Officials so your benefits are processed in a timely manner.
New Student Checklist:
- Apply for your GI BILL benefits with the VA: http://www.benefits.va.gov/.
- Apply for admission to Purdue University: http://www.purdue.edu/purdue/admissions/.
- Communicate with Purdue’s Veteran Certifying Officials: firstname.lastname@example.org.
VA Request for Enrollment Certification
In order to use your GI BILL at Purdue please complete the form below and return it to the Veteran Certifying Official in the Veterans Success Center.
GI BILL Benefits:
*GI Bill is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
The GI BILL is a group of benefits available to veterans, service members, and immediate family members. For a complete explanation of GI BILL benefits go to http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill or call (888) 442-4551. The following is a current list of GI BILL benefits Purdue University processes:
- Post 9/11 GI BILL—Chapter 33
- Montgomery GI BILL for Active Duty (MGIB-AD)—Chapter 30
- Montgomery GI BILL for Selected Reserves (MGIB-SR)—Chapter 1606
- Reserve Education Assistance Program (REAP)—Chapter 1607
- Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E)—Chapter 31
- Vietnam Education Assistance Program (VEAP)—Chapter 32
- Post 9/11 GI BILL Transfer of Entitlement (TOE-approved by the Department of Defense)
- Fry Scholarship
- Dependent Education Assistance Program (DEAP)—Chapter 35
ATTENTION: Purdue University is not approved for the Veterans Retraining Assistance Program (VRAP). According to VA regulations, participants can only be enrolled in a VA approved program of education offered by a community college or technical school.
Area of Responsibility (AOR):
In order for your benefits to work smoothly it is important to understand the following relationship. Roll over for more information.
Military Call-Ups - What you need to know
Contact the Veterans Success Center and we will guide you through the process.
For questions concerning veteran affairs, please contact our Veterans Certifying Officials Teresa Harris or Sarah Underwood, located within the Veteran Success Center for assistance.
Purdue Memorial Union 284/286
101 N Grant St
West Lafayette, Indiana 47906
(765) 494-7638 (Voice)
(765) 494-1545 (Fax)