Federal Work-Study (FWS) is a program offered to students who have demonstrated a high level of financial need as determined by the results of their FAFSA. Students must meet the awarding criteria and request FWS on their FAFSA in order to be offered FWS. For more information on this type of financial aid, view the handout below. 

Regardless of if you have been awarded federal work study, we STRONGLY recommend that you sign up for Direct Deposit. If you are due a refund from the university, it's the easiest and fastest way to receive your money. The Bursar's office has a step-by-step guide for how to sign up for Direct Deposit through your myPurdue.


Download the Work Study Handout

You can also visit the Student Employment page on the Division of Financial Aid's website for more information.