Exploring Business Majors
Take the next step. Join other first-year Psychology students with your interests as they begin exploring human behavior and the mind. Through active LC participation, you will bring your classroom education to life. Examination and identification of career paths, conversations with experts, and research tours are all part of this exciting Learning Community.
The Exploring Business Majors Learning Community is for first-year students in the Undergraduate Studies Program (USP). This LC will help students explore different majors in Business at Purdue. Activities include presentations on various management fields (i.e. sports, non-profit, aerospace, etc.), preparing a meal for a local homeless shelter, a campus resource scanvenger hunt, and pizza and bowling nights. Bi-weekly dinners with other LC students promote social interaction within the communnity. The goal of this LC is to help students find the right major in a business-related field at Purdue.
- First-time beginning students admitted to the Undergraduate Studies Program who have an interest in learning about business-related majors at Purdue
- This LC is available to Honors College participants; those students will live in Shreve Hall with the Honors College and participate in the course(s) and activities of the LC.
- OPTIONAL in McCutcheon Hall
- If you choose this option, your roommate in most cases will be a member of the LC
- Completing a housing contract is a separate process from applying for the LC
Fall 2013 Semester
Fall – EDPS 10500, MA 15300
Events and Activities Included:
- Boiler Challenge ropes course
- Campus resource scavenger hunt
- Information sessions on Business Majors
- Periodic meals with faculty members
- Study groups
- Guest speakers
- Pizza and bowling night
- Community service projects
Information above is subject to change. If you are placed in the LC, the associated courses will be on your schedule prior to you registering for the rest of your courses.