Women in Technology
Are you interested in the success of women in the Purdue Polytechnic Institute? If so, you have the opportunity to apply for participation in the Women in Technology LC. You will take TECH 10100, a one-credit hour course that explores gender communication, values, challenges, and successes of women working in technology-related fields, which will help jump-start your technology career. Programs include presentations by successful women in technology fields, opportunities for exploring the kinds of corporations with the best environments for women, and discussion issues pertinent to women in technology. This LC is a great way for you to build friendships and study groups. Many of these students will have similar interests and provide you with contacts to carry with you as an undergraduate student and beyond. It is possible to participate in this Learning Community in combination with another Purdue Polytechnic Institute LC. Please see individual Purdue Polytechnic Institute LC profiles at www.purdue.edu/TechnologyLCs.
For more information on the Women in Technology organization, call (765) 494-7522, or e-mail Toni Munguia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- First-time beginning students admitted tothe Purdue Polytechnic Institute
- This LC is not available to Honors College participants
- REQUIRED in McCutcheon Hall
- Information about this residence hall can be found here
- Your roommate in most cases will be a member of the LC
- Completing a housing contract is a separate process from applying for the LC
Fall 2016 Semester
Events and Activities Included:
- Milk and cookies study break
- Guest speakers
- Video game night
- Periodic meals with faculty members
Information above is subject to change. If you are placed in the LC, the associated courses will be on your schedule prior to you registering for the rest of your courses.