Technology Leadership and Innovation
The Technology Leadership and Innovation Learning Community provides students with the unique opportunity to explore various elements of leadership and ultimately discover their own personal leadership style. This Learning Community challenges participants to be active social change agents in society and fosters an environment that encourages students to explore and learn about themselves. Organizational Leadership is a one- semester opportunity ensuring a successful start to your college career. The skills obtained in this Learning Community will provide you with a solid foundation for your years at Purdue. Leadership issues will be explored through programs designed specifically for Learning Community members, including weekly meetings, a leadership course, and personal exploration exercises/activities. No leadership experience is necessary! It is possible to participate in the Women in Technology Learning Community in combination with the TLI Learning Community.
- First-time beginning students admitted to the College of Technology with majors in Organizational Leadership, Information Technology Systems, Engineering Technology or Supply Chain
- First-time beginning students admitted to Exploratory Studies
- This LC is available to Honors College participants; those students will live in Shreve Hall with the Honors College and participate in the course(s) and activities of the LC.
- OPTIONAL in McCutcheon Hall
- If you choose this option, your roommate in most cases will be a member of the LC
- Completing a housing contract is a separate process from applying for the LC
Fall 2014 Semester
Fall – OLS 25200, OLS 29900, TECH 12000
Events and Activities Included:
- College of Technology Family Day
- Athletics tour
- Video game night
- Cultural center tours
- Periodic meals with faculty members
- Industrial Roundtable Fair speakers
- Leadership mentoring activities
- Various workshops on leadership skills and career prospects
- Purdue Convocations Productions
Information above is subject to change. If you are placed in the LC, the associated courses will be on your schedule prior to you registering for the rest of your courses.