The ECET Connections Learning Community is focused on exploring the range of opportunities in Electrical and Computer Engineering Technology. A primary goal of the LC is to help classmates become better acquainted with each other through common first-semester courses and a number of social activities. In addition, students are given the opportunity to participate in industry tours, meetings with professional speakers, laboratory workshops, and service events. Connections with fellow ECET students and faculty created through this LC will benefit students while at Purdue and beyond graduation. It is possible to participate in the Women in Technology LC in combination with the ECET Connections LC.
- First-time beginning students admitted to the College of Technology with a major in Electrical Engineering Technology
- This LC is available to Honors College participants; those students will live in Shreve Hall with the Honors College and participate in the course(s) and activities of the LC
- OPTIONAL in McCutcheon Hall
- If you choose this option, your roommate in most cases will be a member of the LC
- Completing a housing contract is a separate process from applying for the LC
Fall 2015 Semester
Fall – ECET 12000, CNIT 10500, COM 11400
Events and Activities Included:
- Welcome Dinner
- Coffeehouse hour
- Video game night
- Fall service project
- Boiler Challenge ropes course
- Periodic meals with faculty members
Information above is subject to change. If you are placed in the LC, the associated courses will be on your schedule prior to you registering for the rest of your courses.