Innovation In Aviation
The Innovation in Aviation Learning Community is designed for students with an interest in the creation of new ideas, inventions, and business models that will be preeminent in aviation and airline transportation.
The U.S. has historically been a leader in the development of new technologies and their application in aviation and aerospace, which is an industry accounting for hundreds of thousands of high-tech, high-paying jobs. In the future, these industries will need an influx of graduates primed and ready to go out in this field with new ideas and innovations. This Learning Community is designed to provide appropriate experiences and encourage students from day one to develop skills as they go on to a career in this exciting and important industry.
- First-time beginning students in the College of Technology with a major in Aviation Technology
- NOTE: Students who will possess the Private Pilot Certificate when they enroll at Purdue should apply for the Airways Aviation LC.
Fall 2013 Semester
Fall – AT 10100, AT 29000, TECH 12000
Events and Activities Included:
- Welcome Cookout
- Introduction to Purdue Research Foundation and Discovery Park
- Study sessions and campus resource tours
- Exposure to research and innovation in the field
- Periodic meals with faculty members and special guests
- Weekly meetings with faculty, alumni, and employers to discuss development in the aviation industry and the research Purdue is conducting in those areas
- Participation in Purdue-centered social and cultural events
- Class activities that directly relate to this Learning Community and students' career goals
- Field trips to aviation facilities that represent the challenges facing the aviation industry
Information above is subject to change. If you are placed in the LC, the associated courses will be on your schedule prior to you registering for the rest of your classes.