Building Construction Management
The Building Construction Management Learning Community will help you “build” a strong foundation in your college career. The focus will be on your academic success while introducing you to the construction industry, expanding optional career paths and increasing your circle of friends. Members of this group will have unique opportunities to network with industry, learn from other students and meet with faculty. From the first day in the BCM program, we will work with you to ensure your success in our program, at Purdue and in the world of construction.
The learning community will be joining BCMentors, our student to student mentoring group, and you will begin exploring all the construction industry has to offer through your course work, through site visits to construction projects and through your network of friends and faculty.Click Here to Apply!
- First-year beginning students admitted to the College of Technology with a major in Building Construction Management
- First-time beginning students admitted to the College of Technology
- First-year beginning students admitted to Exploratory Studies interested in exploring the BCM program
- This LC is available to Honors College participants; those students will live in Shreve Hall with the Honors College and participate in the course(s) and activities of the LC
- OPTIONAL in McCutcheon Hall
- If you choose this option, your roommate in most cases will be a member of the LC
- Completing a housing contract is a separate process from applying for the LC
Fall 2015 Semester
BCM 10001, CGT 16400
Events and Activities May Include:
- Study Tables with BCMentors
- Dinners with BCMentors and instructors
- Mock career fair preparation
- Career fair with industry professionals
- Service learning project
Information above is subject to change. If you are placed in the LC, the associated courses will be on your schedule prior to you registering for the rest of your courses.