Discoveries In Chemistry
College of Science students take their first steps into the fast-paced world of scientific discovery by becoming a part of the Discoveries in Chemistry Learning Community. First-year students come together with dedicated faculty and staff to develop a foundation in basic and applied science through shared classes, social Learning Community activities and unlimited opportunities to build friendships that will last a lifetime. With the benefit of peer support, students challenge themselves to be scientists who will someday solve the scientific challenges of their time. College of Science students are encouraged to apply for combining participation in this Learning Community with the Women in Science Learning Community housed in Earhart Hall.
- First-time beginning students admitted to the College of Science with a Chemistry major
- This LC is available to Honors College participants.
Fall 2014 Semester
Fall – CHM 19400 and ENGL 10600
Events and Activities Included:
- Career panel
- Community service projects
- Nobel laureate exhibit visit
- Periodic meals with faculty, staff, and alumni
- Family Day and History of Purdue Chemistry
- Movie nights
- Call-out for Chemistry Club
- Fowler Wind Farm and Fair Oaks Farm visit
Information above is subject to change. If you are placed in the LC, the associated courses will be on your schedule prior to you registering for classes.