Discoveries In Biology
College of Science students take their first steps into the fast-paced world of scientific discovery by becoming a part of the Discoveries in Biology Learning Community. First-year students come together with dedicated faculty and staff to develop a foundation in basic and applied science through shared classes, social Learning Community activities, and unlimited opportunities to build friendships that will last a lifetime. With the benefit of peer support, students challenge themselves to be scientists who will someday solve the scientific challenges of their time. College of Science students are encouraged to apply for combining participation in this Learning Community with the Women in Science Learning Community housed in Earhart Hall.
- First-time beginning students admitted to the College of Science with a Biology major
- This LC is available to Honors College participants
Fall 2014 Semester
Fall – BIOL 11500 and either ENGL 10600 or MA 15300
Events and Activities Included:
- Boiler Challenge Ropes course
- Trip to Shedd Aquarium or Field Museum in Chicago
- Periodic meals with faculty and staff
- Campus resource tours
- Guest lecturers
- Study and exam review sessions
- Volunteering at "Boo at the Zoo"
- Movie nights
Information above is subject to change. If you are placed in the LC, the associated courses will be on your schedule prior to you registering for classes.