The Computer Science Learning Community is designed for first-year Computer Science students in the College of Science. This semester-long experience will allow you to live, learn, and connect with other students who are passionate about Computer Science through a vibrant Learning Community. You will be encouraged to develop study groups, share your expertise, and get involved with other students both academically and socially. As a member of this LC, you will be enrolled in CS 18000 and CS 19100 together to encourage a strong content foundation in CS and academic success in the first semester and beyond. You will also be led by your academic advisor to assist in connecting with your department to learn about the rich and varied opportunities that are available, including research and internships. College of Science students are encouraged to apply for combining participation in this Learning Community with the Women in Science Learning Community housed in Earhart Hall.
- First-time beginning students admitted to the College of Science with a major in Computer Science
- This LC is not available to Honors College participants.
- Students must earn a 75 on ALEKS Math Assessment to qualify for CS 18000
- REQUIRED in Earhart Hall
- Your roommate in most cases will be a member of the LC
- Completing a housing contract is a separate process from applying for the LC
Fall 2014 Semester
Fall – CS 18000, CS 19000, CS 19100
Events and Activities Included:
- Social gatherings with LC members
- Periodic meals with faculty and staff
- Academic Resource Scavenger Hunt
- Meet and Greet with Instructors
- Career Fair Preparation
- Wabash National Corporation Tour
Information above is subject to change. If you are placed in the LC, the associated courses will be on your schedule prior to you registering for classes.