The Computer Science Learning Community is designed for first-year Computer Science students in the College of Science. This semester-long experience will allow you to live, learn, and connect with other students who are passionate about Computer Science through a vibrant Learning Community. You will be encouraged to develop study groups, share your expertise, and get involved with other students both academically and socially. As a member of this LC, you will be enrolled in CS 18000, CS 19000 and CS 19100 during the fall semester to encourage a strong content foundation in CS and academic success in the first semester and beyond. You will also be led by your academic advisor to assist in connecting with your department to learn about the rich and varied opportunities that are available, including research and internships.
- First-time beginning students admitted to the College of Science with a major in Computer Science
- Students must have a minimum SAT Math score of 650, or a minimum ACT Math score of 29, or earn a score of 85 on ALEKS Math Assessment to qualify for CS 18000, 19100, and 19000
- REQUIRED in McCutcheon Hall
- Information about this residence hall can be found here
- Your roommate in most cases will be a member of the LC
- Completing a housing contract is a separate process from applying for the LC
Fall 2017 Semester
CS 18000, CS 19000, CS 19100
Events and Activities Included:
- Social gatherings with LC members
- Periodic meals with faculty and staff
- Meet and Greet with Instructors
- Career Fair Preparation
Information above is subject to change. If you are placed in the LC, the associated courses will be on your schedule prior to you registering for classes.